We appreciate that patients do not want dental treatment and are looking for ways to avoid new cavities. Recent research has looked at the causes of tooth decay, it is not solely down to eating too much sugar and not using enough flouride tooth paste. Below are a list of things you or we can do to change the oral environment and reduce the chances of new cavities developing.
What you can do:
- Brush with baking powder to reduce the acidity of the mouth
- Increase the amount of arginine (an amino acid) in your diet, eat more spinach,seafood,soy and nuts
- Use sugar free chewing gumre caused by an infection
- Contact us immediately to arrange and appointment, we will see you the same day
- Use MI paste to change plaque biology
What we can do:
- Carry out a saliva analysis test to check the ability of your saliva to buffer acids
- Advise on prevention strategies
- We are aiming to stock anti caries lozenges and lollipops.
Further information can be found at www.whollymolar.com or book an appointment for a chat with any member of our team .