We appreciate that patients do not want dental treatment and are looking for ways to avoid new cavities. Recent research has looked at the causes of tooth decay, it is not solely down to eating too much sugar and not using enough flouride tooth paste. Below are a list of things you or we can do to change the oral environment and reduce the chances of new cavities developing.
What you can do:
- Brush with baking powder to reduce the acidity of the mouth
- Increase the amount of arginine (an amino acid) in your diet, eat more spinach,seafood,soy and nuts
- Use MI paste to change plaque biology
What we can do:
- Carry out a saliva analysis test to check the ability of your saliva to buffer acids
- Advise on prevention strategies
For further information or to book an appointment with any member of our team call or email the practice.