What should I do if I have a toothache?

If you are suffering from a painful toothache, something is wrong that requires attention. Contact us immediately to organize an appointment as soon as possible. Painkillers such as Ibuprofen or Paracetamol are recommended; do not exceed the maximum dose. Homeopathically - hypericum, chamomilla, belladonna or ferrm phos.

What should I do if I have a swelling?

Swellings are caused by an infection. Contact us immediately to arrange an appointment. We will see you the same day.

What should I do if I have fractured my tooth?

Fractured teeth can usually be restored so there is no need to panic. If the tooth is painful, avoid hot/cold and eating/biting on that side. Painkillers such as Ibuprofen or Paracetamol may help. Pain-free treatment is usually available by contacting us quickly.

What if I have lost a crown?

Keep your crown safe so it can be re-cemented as soon as possible to avoid damage or the need for root canal treatment. Contact us immediately.

What if I have broken my denture?

Broken dentures can usually be repaired relatively easily. Please resist the temptation to glue them together yourself as this often makes a repair very difficult. Contact us to organise the repair.

What if I have knocked a tooth out?

  • The tooth needs to be re-implanted into its socket immediately

  • Clean any debris form the surface with clean water, do not scrub

  • Place the tooth back into the socket and splint in place with silver paper

  • DO NOT place the tooth in water

  • If you cannot re implant, place the tooth in cold milk or on one side of your mouth between your teeth and cheeks and contact the practice for advice